Friday, January 25, 2019

Community


Hi guys! So I was doing my devotion this morning and they were talking about being lost. And, that’s a topic that, uh, the devotions have covered before, umm, but, I was thinking about, umm. More, not like being lost physically, but being lost emotionally and spiritually. And I definitely have had those times in my life. A lot of people would say that I am still kind of going through a little bit of that. But the question was, umm, where…do you, or who, uh, helped you reorient yourself, or what helped you reorient yourself. And I definitely think that Community is really important when you’re feeling emotionally or spiritually lost. Umm, for those people that are, umm, religious then definitely your, uh, your church community, or, your umm, faith community of any kind. Umm. For me in High School, or in, College, umm, it was very much the staffs that I worked with in Summer Camp. Faith wise. But, I’ve definitely found…myself, found myself, umm, in the fitness groups that I’ve been, uh, that I’ve joined recently. And it’s super amazing, and I’ve been told, many, many times before in my life that accountability is important. Obviously. And having that supportive buddy, like a workout buddy or, uh, you know, somebody that you can reach out to to make sure that you’re doing all the things that you should be doing. And I’ve joined a couple of fitness groups on Facebook and it’s crazy how centered staying active in that will make you. And it’s blowing my mind actually. So, umm. Yeah, find your community, that would be my phrase for today. Find your community. Make it, make it tailored to you. It doesn’t have to be fitness, it doesn’t have to be faith. It could be theater. I have a wonderful theater community. It could be a quilting community, it could be, uh, whatever. Sports team, you know, anything. Whatever you find, uh, gives you passion in your life. Use that community. Not necessarily asking them for the support or whatever that you would, uh, think you need. But, just get involved. Throw yourself into it. Be fully committed to whatever that group or community is and it’s amazing the emotional support that will be given back to you. So yeah, that’s what I’ve got for today. I hope everybody has a great day. Umm. And…I’ll see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment