Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Graduation Day



Exciting News today! Umm...I…graduated…from…Physical Therapy. Now…to…some people that may not be very exciting, but…umm…it’s kind of a…big deal…for me. Umm… Let me give you a little bit of history. I…injured my left knee…umm… I strained tendons in it when I was…twelve years old, uh, it was a dance injury, umm, and I have been a dancer my whole life. I started when I was seven and I’ve never stopped. Umm…So…it was a big deal, when I injured my knee. Umm,…I injured my left knee when I was twelve, umm, I then injured my right knee in the same way when I was sixteen and, umm…thankfully that knee is a lot stronger from having to compensate for my left knee all those years. So it’s been pretty stable since the last…since that injury. And then I was in…Children of Eden at Quad City Music Guild…in August of 20…16. And I re-injured…my left knee…It was a big deal…I…uh, went to physical therapy then…umm, and got back some function. Umm,…but it was still… super, super weak…and I was…, umm nervous about dancing on it,…umm, nervous that I wouldn’t be able to dance on it anymore, umm, even though I felt ok most of the time. And could do most daily functions…umm…the dancing was a, was…scary…So I…uh, went to an orthopedist…and, umm, got an MRI…everything checked out. Got a new knee brace, that umm, is way more functional so that’s exciting. Cause I will wear it all the time, cause I can move in it and do the things that I wanna do…Umm,…And so…and then I went back to Physical Therapy, uh, to just strengthen it and work on it. And, umm, today I went to the Physical Therapist and we reassessed where I was at, umm, based on everything we’ve done and he said that I don’t need to go see him anymore. That I am at 90%, uh, functionality. Umm, of a 100, you know, 100%...whatever….umm… So…yay, its very exciting. Umm, I went to the Genesis Sports and Physical Therapy up on 53rd St. for anyone who wants to know, cause it’s fantastic. Umm…so yeah, so that’s super exciting, I am cleared to dance, as long as I wear my knee brace. And…umm…I can do…pretty much everything that I need to do. So…that’s a huge step, and, and a huge relief from, uh, where I was even like a month ago. When I was terrified that I wouldn’t get back to where I was, uh, before this new knee injury. So…yay! And I just wanted to share that and…umm…give props to, uh, the Physical Therapy…umm…for Genesis. So…that’s…all I have to say, and…hopefully you all are having a good day too. And umm…and Yay! …Ok, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment