Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Being Home


Today…I’m thinking about the idea of home. And what that means to different people…I mean obviously, like, your home is, you know, where you grew up, or, umm, where your parents live, or where you live with your spouse or your family…Umm… While that’s true, umm, there’s also that idea of a created home…or…the places that you feel most at home. Umm, and for some people that’s not the place where they sleep. Umm, like for me, I… say it all the time, that when I walk into a theatre I instantly feel at home. Doesn’t matter if I’ve been there …before, doesn’t matter…umm,…tsk…you know, how many times I’ve been there…or…um…if I’m working on a show or not. Just that idea of being in a place of entertainment like that…umm…it’s…comfortable…and…I…like…weight drops off …my shoulders, you know I’m able to…to forget about it for 2 hours or 4 hours or however long I’m there. Umm…no where else feels like that…and I …don’t know…umm…tsk…how to, how to recreate that anywhere else. The other place that that happens, amazingly, is at umm, is at camp. At the camps that I’ve worked at. Umm…Going to Mt. Cross in Santa Cruz…uh…I could go anytime and it feels like I’ve never left. Umm…and then, uh, Walcamp here in DeKalb. I…every time I go back it’s like going home. And…I don’t…get that…umm… in a lot of other places. Umm…I’m more comfortable in those places then I am anywhere else. And I…keep trying to figure out what that means. Haven’t figured it out yet. So…umm…but yeah,…the idea of being home and being comfortable somewhere is something…uh…that has come up a lot lately in my thought process and things that I’ve read. Umm, so yeah, there’s my thought for today. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment