Sunday, January 15, 2023

I'm Not Perfect


 I am not perfect. In fact, I am SO far from perfect it’s not even funny. But…I’m starting to realize that that’s ok… I knew it was ok before. You know, nobody’s perfect. You hear that all the time. Nobody’s perfect. But there are so many people…who seem like they’re perfect. Or… at least look like they…are more perfect than I am. They’re closer to perfect…. I’ve…Beginning of the year, New Year Resolutions, all of those things happen. Umm. I’m trying really hard not to make one this year. Cause it just ends up…uh, I break it, and …eh, bad…But, the thing that I do…want to continue to do is to…strive to be…the best me…that I can. And I know that that’s gonna be, how do I know when I reach that goal? Nobody knows. Umm. And…I…this may be the best I can do. I don’t know. But…I think it’s ok…to keep striving. And, and to…want to strive. BUT…to not let that idea of “best” be defined by anybody, but me. So…you know…the things that I wanna look for. Like…I wanna be healthier. And not like just losing weight. I mean, yes, losing weight is part of it. But, I don’t want to lose weight because I wanna fit some ideal from somebody else. I wanna lose weight because I know that I will feel better and be more able to do the things that I love. I will be able to dance without worrying about my knee as much. I will be able to perform onstage feeling comfortable in my own body. I will…umm…have more energy. I will…be able to focus more. Because when I do do things like exercise and eat properly I have… a clearer head. I’m able to focus….I’m able to… do, multi-task better and get the things done that I need to get done for my work, for my life, at home, whatever…So, yeah, those are the, I want to STRIVE…to better myself, so that I can live my life…more fully. So that is my goal….resolution, for 2023… I hope that…this realization of, of not doing things…for anyone else. I mean…it’s a hard line, it’s a hard line…It’s, there’s…don’t…take this with…as you will. But I hope that…I can share this realization and hopefully…support anyone else who, who wants to strive to do that. Umm. Support people who have New Year’s resolutions and help them find ways to do those. Umm. All of those…all of those things. I hope that, I hope that everyone out there is, is happy and healthy and…umm…finding…community that they need to support them to be them best sel…them best selves. Their best selves. Umm. So yeah, hopefully, hopefully this finds you all well and… that you…umm… uh, come back and visit… if I manage to do some more Blog posts this year then I did last year. Umm. And yeah, hopefully we’ll…slowly… become better versions of, of who we are and, and be who we truly are…meant to be. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment