Thursday, November 15, 2018

Compliments



Hello! So today’s thought was…umm…I never…really think about the things that I say to compliment people. Which sounds really bad…but it’s not I promise. So…umm…I’ve had several moments during, uh…this rehearsal process where, I’ll give somebody a compliment or umm, we’ll be having a conversation and uh, you know, something nice will happen. And then, a couple of days later they’ll come back to me and be like “that was really nice and I appreciated that”, umm, “You have no idea how much it meant”, and, uh, you know all of those types of accolades. And…it…I don’t know why it surprises me so much to…realize that the things that I say to people they take to heart. But umm, cause I take a lot of things that other people say to heart, so why wouldn’t it go the other way? Umm, but…I…I’ve just realized it a lot during this show and I…I don’t know if it’s cause of the people that are in it? Or, umm… maybe I’m just being more aware of the way that I interact with people? Because I find that a lot of times when I’m working on a show, while I’m very much a part of it and I love all of the people that I’m working with. I always feel a little separate from the community of the show. And it’s nobody’s fault. I think it’s just my weird social anxiety…ssss…whatever issues. But,…I think I’m more connected with this show, and I, I don’t…I don’t know why. Umm. But, I’m, I’m enjoying it and it’s,…it’s nice to feel that community atmosphere, umm…So yeah. That’s my, my pleasant thought for today. Take a second to, to think about the…compliments that you got and…umm… be thankful for, for your communities. Wherever they are, and whatever they are. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment